• Gib Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To act like a cat.
- (v. i.) To balk. See Jib, v. i.
- (v. t.) To secure or fasten with a gib, or gibs; to provide with a gib, or gibs.
- (n.) A male cat; a tomcat.
- (n.) A piece or slip of metal or wood, notched or otherwise, in a machine or structure, to hold other parts in place or bind them together, or to afford a bearing surface; -- usually held or adjusted by means of a wedge, key, or screw.
• Gibberish Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Unmeaning; as, gibberish language.
- (v. i.) Rapid and inarticulate talk; unintelligible language; unmeaning words; jargon.
• Gibbose Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Humped; protuberant; -- said of a surface which presents one or more large elevations.