• Girding Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That with which one is girded; a girdle.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Gird
• Gird Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) To sneer at; to mock; to gibe.
- (n.) A stroke with a rod or switch; a severe spasm; a twinge; a pang.
- (n.) A cut; a sarcastic remark; a gibe; a sneer.
- (v. t.) To make fast, as clothing, by binding with a cord, girdle, bandage, etc.
- (v. t.) To clothe; to swathe; to invest.
- (v.) To strike; to smite.
- (v. i.) To gibe; to sneer; to break a scornful jest; to utter severe sarcasms.
- (v. t.) To prepare; to make ready; to equip; as, to gird ones self for a contest.
- (v. t.) To encircle or bind with any flexible band.
- (v. t.) To surround; to encircle, or encompass.