• Government Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The body politic governed by one authority; a state; as, the governments of Europe.
- (n.) The right or power of governing; authority.
- (n.) The influence of a word in regard to construction, requiring that another word should be in a particular case.
- (n.) The act of governing; the exercise of authority; the administration of laws; control; direction; regulation; as, civil, church, or family government.
- (n.) The person or persons authorized to administer the laws; the ruling power; the administration.
- (n.) Management of the limbs or body.
- (n.) The mode of governing; the system of polity in a state; the established form of law.
• Governmental Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pertaining to government; made by government; as, governmental duties.