• Grappling Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A laying fast ho1d of; also, that by which anything is seized and held, a grapnel.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Grapple
- (n.) A grapple; a struggle. A match for yards in fight, in grappling for the bear.
• Grapple Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A seizing or seizure; close hug in contest; the wrestlers hold.
- (v. t.) An instrument, usually with hinged claws, for seizing and holding fast to an object; a grab.
- (v. i.) To use a grapple; to contend in close fight; to attach ones self as if by a grapple, as in wrestling; to close; to seize one another.
- (v. t.) A grappling iron.
- (v. t.) To fasten, as with a grapple; to fix; to join indissolubly.
- (v. t.) To seize; to lay fast hold of; to attack at close quarters: as, to grapple an antagonist.