• Grouse Definition & Synonyms
- (n. sing. & pl.) Any of the numerous species of gallinaceous birds of the family Tetraonidae, and subfamily Tetraoninae, inhabiting Europe, Asia, and North America. They have plump bodies, strong, well-feathered legs, and usually mottled plumage. The group includes the ptarmigans (Lagopus), having feathered feet.
- (v. i.) To seek or shoot grouse.
- (v. i.) To complain or grumble.
• Grouser Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A pointed timber attached to a boat and sliding vertically, to thrust into the ground as a means of anchorage.