• Gut Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of the prepared entrails of an animal, esp. of a sheep, used for various purposes. See Catgut.
- (v. t.) To plunder of contents; to destroy or remove the interior or contents of; as, a mob gutted the bouse.
- (n.) The sac of silk taken from a silkworm (when ready to spin its cocoon), for the purpose of drawing it out into a thread. This, when dry, is exceedingly strong, and is used as the snood of a fish line.
- (v. t.) To take out the bowels from; to eviscerate.
- (n.) An intenstine; a bowel; the whole alimentary canal; the enteron; (pl.) bowels; entrails.
- (n.) A narrow passage of water; as, the Gut of Canso.
• GuttAe Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Gutta
• Guttle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To put into the gut; to swallow greedily; to gorge; to gormandize. [Obs.] LEstrange.