• Hiccough Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A modified respiratory movement; a spasmodic inspiration, consisting of a sudden contraction of the diaphragm, accompanied with closure of the glottis, so that further entrance of air is prevented, while the impulse of the column of air entering and striking upon the closed glottis produces a sound, or hiccough.
- (v. i.) To have a hiccough or hiccoughs.
• Hiccoughed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Hiccough
• Hiccoughing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Hiccough