• Hopper Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The larva of a cheese fly.
- (n.) A chute, box, or receptacle, usually funnel-shaped with an opening at the lower part, for delivering or feeding any material, as to a machine; as, the wooden box with its trough through which grain passes into a mill by joining or shaking, or a funnel through which fuel passes into a furnace, or coal, etc., into a car.
- (n.) A vessel for carrying waste, garbage, etc., out to sea, so constructed as to discharge its load by a mechanical contrivance; -- called also dumping scow.
- (n.) See Grasshopper, 2.
- (n.) One who, or that which, hops.
- (n.) See Grasshopper, and Frog hopper, Grape hopper, Leaf hopper, Tree hopper, under Frog, Grape, Leaf, and Tree.
- (n.) A game. See Hopscotch.
• Hopperings Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Gravel retaining in the hopper of a cradle.