• Hurries Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A staith or framework from which coal is discharged from cars into vessels.
• Hurry Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of hurrying in motion or business; pressure; urgency; bustle; confusion.
- (v. t.) To cause to be done quickly.
- (v. t.) To hasten; to impel to greater speed; to urge on.
- (v. t.) To impel to precipitate or thoughtless action; to urge to confused or irregular activity.
- (v. i.) To move or act with haste; to proceed with celerity or precipitation; as, let us hurry.