• Impregnate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To become pregnant.
- (a.) Impregnated; made prolific.
- (v. t.) To infuse particles of another substance into; to communicate the quality of another to; to cause to be filled, imbued, mixed, or furnished (with something); as, to impregnate India rubber with sulphur; clothing impregnated with contagion; rock impregnated with ore.
- (v. t.) To infuse an active principle into; to render fruitful or fertile in any way; to fertilize; to imbue.
- (v. t.) To make pregnant; to cause to conceive; to render prolific; to get with child or young.
- (v. t.) To come into contact with (an ovum or egg) so as to cause impregnation; to fertilize; to fecundate.
• Impregnated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Impregnate