• Inaugurate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cause to begin, esp. with formality or solemn ceremony; hence, to set in motion, action, or progress; to initiate; -- used especially of something of dignity or worth or public concern; as, to inaugurate a new era of things, new methods, etc.
- (v. t.) To introduce or induct into an office with suitable ceremonies or solemnities; to invest with power or authority in a formal manner; to install; as, to inaugurate a president; to inaugurate a king.
- (v. t.) To celebrate the completion of, or the first public use of; to dedicate, as a statue.
- (v. t.) To begin with good omens.
- (a.) Invested with office; inaugurated.
• Inaugurated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Inaugurate