• Inducing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Induce
• Induce Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To lead in; to introduce.
- (v. t.) To draw on; to overspread.
- (v. t.) To lead on; to influence; to prevail on; to incite; to move by persuasion or influence.
- (v. t.) To produce, or cause, by proximity without contact or transmission, as a particular electric or magnetic condition in a body, by the approach of another body in an opposite electric or magnetic state.
- (v. t.) To bring on; to effect; to cause; as, a fever induced by fatigue or exposure.
- (v. t.) To generalize or conclude as an inference from all the particulars; -- the opposite of deduce.