• Inferior Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) On the side of a flower which is next the bract; anterior.
- (a.) Below the horizon; as, the inferior part of a meridian.
- (a.) Situated below some other organ; -- said of a calyx when free from the ovary, and therefore below it, or of an ovary with an adherent and therefore inferior calyx.
- (a.) Lower in place, rank, excellence, etc.; less important or valuable; subordinate; underneath; beneath.
- (n.) A person lower in station, rank, intellect, etc., than another.
- (a.) Poor or mediocre; as, an inferior quality of goods.
- (a.) Junior or subordinate in rank; as, an inferior officer.
- (a.) Nearer the sun than the earth is; as, the inferior or interior planets; an inferior conjunction of Mercury or Venus.
• Inferiorly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In an inferior manner, or on the inferior part.
• Inferiority Definition & Synonyms
- () The state of being inferior; a lower state or condition; as, inferiority of rank, of talents, of age, of worth.