• Inscription Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A line of division or intersection; as, the tendinous inscriptions, or intersections, of a muscle.
- (n.) That which is inscribed; something written or engraved; especially, a word or words written or engraved on a solid substance for preservation or public inspection; as, inscriptions on monuments, pillars, coins, medals, etc.
- (n.) An address, consignment, or informal dedication, as of a book to a person, as a mark of respect or an invitation of patronage.
- (n.) The act or process of inscribing.