• Intercept Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A part cut off or intercepted, as a portion of a line included between two points, or cut off two straight lines or curves.
- (v. t.) To include between; as, that part of the line which is intercepted between the points A and B.
- (v. t.) To take or seize by the way, or before arrival at the destined place; to cause to stop on the passage; as, to intercept a letter; a telegram will intercept him at Paris.
- (v. t.) To interrupt communication with, or progress toward; to cut off, as the destination; to blockade.
- (v. t.) To obstruct or interrupt the progress of; to stop; to hinder or oppose; as, to intercept the current of a river.
• Intercepting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Intercept