• Invert Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To convert; to reverse; to decompose by, or subject to, inversion. See Inversion, n., 10.
- (v. t.) To change the position of; -- said of tones which form a chord, or parts which compose harmony.
- (v. t.) To divert; to convert to a wrong use.
- (v. t.) To turn over; to put upside down; to upset; to place in a contrary order or direction; to reverse; as, to invert a cup, the order of words, rules of justice, etc.
- (v. i.) To undergo inversion, as sugar.
- (a.) Subjected to the process of inversion; inverted; converted; as, invert sugar.
- (n.) An inverted arch.
• Invertedly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In an inverted order.