• Jig Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To trick or cheat; to cajole; to delude.
- (n.) A light, brisk musical movement.
- (n.) To cut or form, as a piece of metal, in a jigging machine.
- (n.) A contrivance fastened to or inclosing a piece of work, and having hard steel surfaces to guide a tool, as a drill, or to form a shield or templet to work to, as in filing.
- (v. i.) To dance a jig; to skip about.
- (n.) An apparatus or a machine for jigging ore.
- (n.) A light, humorous piece of writing, esp. in rhyme; a farce in verse; a ballad.
- (v. t.) To sort or separate, as ore in a jigger or sieve. See Jigging, n.
- (v. t.) To sing to the tune of a jig.
- (n.) A trolling bait, consisting of a bright spoon and a hook attached.
- (n.) A small machine or handy tool
- (n.) A piece of sport; a trick; a prank.
- (v. i.) To move with a skip or rhythm; to move with vibrations or jerks.
• Jiggle Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To wriggle or frisk about; to move awkwardly; to shake up and down.
• Jigjog Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A jolting motion; a jogging pace.
- (a.) Having a jolting motion.