• Keeper Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A fruit that keeps well; as, the Roxbury Russet is a good keeper.
- (n.) One who has the care, custody, or superintendence of anything; as, the keeper of a park, a pound, of sheep, of a gate, etc. ; the keeper of attached property; hence, one who saves from harm; a defender; a preserver.
- (n.) One who remains or keeps in a place or position.
- (n.) A ring, strap, clamp, or any device for holding an object in place; as: (a) The box on a door jamb into which the bolt of a lock protrudes, when shot. (b) A ring serving to keep another ring on the finger. (c) A loop near the buckle of a strap to receive the end of the strap.
- (n.) One who retains in custody; one who has the care of a prison and the charge of prisoners.
- (n.) One who, or that which, keeps; one who, or that which, holds or has possession of anything.
• Keepership Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The office or position of a keeper.