• Lab Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A telltale; a prater; a blabber.
- (v. i.) To prate; to gossip; to babble; to blab.
• Labialize Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To modify by contraction of the lip opening.
• Labyrinth Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The internal ear. See Note under Ear.
- (n.) An inextricable or bewildering difficulty.
- (n.) Any intricate or involved inclosure; especially, an ornamental maze or inclosure in a park or garden.
- (n.) Any object or arrangement of an intricate or involved form, or having a very complicated nature.
- (n.) A pattern or design representing a maze, -- often inlaid in the tiled floor of a church, etc.
- (n.) An edifice or place full of intricate passageways which render it difficult to find the way from the interior to the entrance; as, the Egyptian and Cretan labyrinths.
- (n.) A series of canals through which a stream of water is directed for suspending, carrying off, and depositing at different distances, the ground ore of a metal.