• Lading Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Lade
- (n.) That which lades or constitutes a load or cargo; freight; burden; as, the lading of a ship.
- (n.) The act of loading.
• Lad Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A boy; a youth; a stripling.
- () p. p. of Lead, to guide.
- (n.) A companion; a comrade; a mate.
• Lade Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To transfer (the molten glass) from the pot to the forming table.
- (v. t.) To throw in out. with a ladle or dipper; to dip; as, to lade water out of a tub, or into a cistern.
- (n.) A passage for water; a ditch or drain.
- (v. t.) To load; to put a burden or freight on or in; -- generally followed by that which receives the load, as the direct object.
- (v. t.) To draw water.
- (v. t.) To admit water by leakage, as a ship, etc.
- (n.) The mouth of a river.