• Leather Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The skin.
- (v. t.) To beat, as with a thong of leather.
- (n.) The skin of an animal, or some part of such skin, tanned, tawed, or otherwise dressed for use; also, dressed hides, collectively.
• Leathering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Leather
• Leatherwood Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A small branching shrub (Dirca palustris), with a white, soft wood, and a tough, leathery bark, common in damp woods in the Northern United States; -- called also moosewood, and wicopy.