• Leges Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Lex
• Leg Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A disreputable sporting character; a blackleg.
- (v. t.) To run.
- (n.) A fielder whose position is on the outside, a little in rear of the batter.
- (n.) The case containing the lower part of the belt which carries the buckets.
- (n.) The part of any article of clothing which covers the leg; as, the leg of a stocking or of a pair of trousers.
- (n.) An extension of the boiler downward, in the form of a narrow space between vertical plates, sometimes nearly surrounding the furnace and ash pit, and serving to support the boiler; -- called also water leg.
- (n.) That which resembles a leg in form or use; especially, any long and slender support on which any object rests; as, the leg of a table; the leg of a pair of compasses or dividers.
- (n.) The course and distance made by a vessel on one tack or between tacks.
- (v. t.) To use as a leg, with it as object
- (n.) A bow, esp. in the phrase to make a leg; probably from drawing the leg backward in bowing.
- (n.) A limb or member of an animal used for supporting the body, and in running, climbing, and swimming; esp., that part of the limb between the knee and foot.
- (v. t.) To bow.
- (n.) A branch circuit; one phase of a polyphase system.
- (n.) A branch or lateral circuit connecting an instrument with the main line.
- (n.) Either side of a triangle of a triangle as distinguished from the base or, in a right triangle, from the hypotenuse; also, an indefinitely extending branch of a curve, as of a hyperbola.
• Lege Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To allege; to assert.