• Lessoned Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Lesson
• Lesson Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which is learned or taught by an express effort; instruction derived from precept, experience, observation, or deduction; a precept; a doctrine; as, to take or give a lesson in drawing.
- (n.) Anything read or recited to a teacher by a pupil or learner; something, as a portion of a book, assigned to a pupil to be studied or learned at one time.
- (n.) A portion of Scripture read in divine service for instruction; as, here endeth the first lesson.
- (n.) An exercise; a composition serving an educational purpose; a study.
- (n.) A severe lecture; reproof; rebuke; warning.
- (v. t.) To teach; to instruct.