• Lettered Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to learning or literature; learned.
- (a.) Inscribed or stamped with letters.
- (a.) Literate; educated; versed in literature.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Letter
• Letter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A writing; an inscription.
- (n.) A written or printed communication; a message expressed in intelligible characters on something adapted to conveyance, as paper, parchment, etc.; an epistle.
- (n.) A single type; type, collectively; a style of type.
- (n.) A letter; an epistle.
- (n.) A mark or character used as the representative of a sound, or of an articulation of the human organs of speech; a first element of written language.
- (n.) One who lets or permits; one who lets anything for hire.
- (n.) Learning; erudition; as, a man of letters.
- (n.) Verbal expression; literal statement or meaning; exact signification or requirement.
- (n.) One who retards or hinders.
- (v. t.) To impress with letters; to mark with letters or words; as, a book gilt and lettered.
- (n.) A telegram longer than an ordinary message sent at rates lower than the standard message rate in consideration of its being sent and delivered subject to priority in service of regular messages. Such telegrams are called by the Western Union Company day, / night, letters according to the time of sending, and by The Postal Telegraph Company day, / night, lettergrams.