Lock Meaning in Urdu
Lock meaning in English to Urdu is تالا (Taala). Lock synonym words are included Curl, Engage, Interlace, Interlock, Mesh, Operate, Ringlet, Whorl. Similar words of Lock are also commonly used in daily talk like as Lock, Lock out, and Locker.
- How was the lock broken.
- Why did the manager lock the door?.
Similar Words with Urdu Meaning
Lock Definition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Anything that fastens; specifically, a fastening, as for a door, a lid, a trunk, a drawer, and the like, in which a bolt is moved by a key so as to hold or to release the thing fastened.
- (n.) A device for keeping a wheel from turning.
- (v. t.) To prevent ingress or access to, or exit from, by fastening the lock or locks of; -- often with up; as, to lock or lock up, a house, jail, room, trunk. etc.
- (v. i.) To become fast, as by means of a lock or by interlacing; as, the door locks close.
- (n.) The barrier or works which confine the water of a stream or canal.
- (n.) A tuft of hair; a flock or small quantity of wool, hay, or other like substance; a tress or ringlet of hair.
- (v. t.) To furnish with locks; also, to raise or lower (a boat) in a lock.
- (v. t.) To link together; to clasp closely; as, to lock arms.
- (v. t.) To seize, as the sword arm of an antagonist, by turning the left arm around it, to disarm him.
- (n.) An inclosure in a canal with gates at each end, used in raising or lowering boats as they pass from one level to another; -- called also lift lock.
- (n.) That part or apparatus of a firearm by which the charge is exploded; as, a matchlock, flintlock, percussion lock, etc.
- (v. t.) To fasten in or out, or to make secure by means of, or as with, locks; to confine, or to shut in or out -- often with up; as, to lock ones self in a room; to lock up the prisoners; to lock up ones silver; to lock intruders out of the house; to lock money into a vault; to lock a child in ones arms; to lock a secret in ones breast.
- (n.) A grapple in wrestling.
- (v. t.) To fasten with a lock, or as with a lock; to make fast; to prevent free movement of; as, to lock a door, a carriage wheel, a river, etc.
- (n.) A place from which egress is prevented, as by a lock.
- (n.) A fastening together or interlacing; a closing of one thing upon another; a state of being fixed or immovable.
Lock Urdu Meaning with Definition
Lock is an English word that is used in many sentences in different contexts. Lock meaning in Urdu is a تالا - Taala. Lock word is driven by the English language. Lock word meaning in English is well described here in English as well as in Urdu. You can use this amazing English to Urdu dictionary online to check the meaning of other words too as the word Lock meaning.
Finding the exact meaning of any word online is a little tricky. There is more than 1 meaning of each word. However the meaning of Lock stated above is reliable and authentic. It can be used in various sentences and Lock word synonyms are also given on this page. Dictionary is a helpful tool for everyone who wants to learn a new word or wants to find the meaning. This English to Urdu dictionary online is easy to use and carry in your pocket. Similar to the meaning of Lock, you can check other words' meanings as well by searching it online.
Top Search Words Meaning In Urdu
Lock Meaning in Different Languages
Browse English Words by Alphabets
Multi Language Dictionary