• Loomed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Loom
• Loom Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To rise and to be eminent; to be elevated or ennobled, in a moral sense.
- (n.) See Loon, the bird.
- (n.) That part of an oar which is near the grip or handle and inboard from the rowlock.
- (n.) A frame or machine of wood or other material, in which a weaver forms cloth out of thread; a machine for interweaving yarn or threads into a fabric, as in knitting or lace making.
- (n.) The state of looming; esp., an unnatural and indistinct appearance of elevation or enlargement of anything, as of land or of a ship, seen by one at sea.
- (v. i.) To appear above the surface either of sea or land, or to appear enlarged, or distorted and indistinct, as a distant object, a ship at sea, or a mountain, esp. from atmospheric influences; as, the ship looms large; the land looms high.