• Margin Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A border; edge; brink; verge; as, the margin of a river or lake.
- (v. t.) To enter in the margin of a page.
- (n.) Something allowed, or reserved, for that which can not be foreseen or known with certainty.
- (n.) Specifically: The part of a page at the edge left uncovered in writing or printing.
- (v. t.) To furnish with a margin.
- (n.) Collateral security deposited with a broker to secure him from loss on contracts entered into by him on behalf of his principial, as in the speculative buying and selling of stocks, wheat, etc.
- (n.) The difference between the cost and the selling price of an article.
• Marginal Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a margin.
- (a.) Written or printed in the margin; as, a marginal note or gloss.
• Marginalia Definition & Synonyms
- (n. pl.) Marginal notes.