• Marriage Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A feast made on the occasion of a marriage.
- (v. t.) The act of marrying, or the state of being married; legal union of a man and a woman for life, as husband and wife; wedlock; matrimony.
- (v. t.) Any intimate or close union.
- (v. t.) The marriage vow or contract.
- (n.) In bezique, penuchle, and similar games at cards, the combination of a king and queen of the same suit. If of the trump suit, it is called a royal marriage.
• Marriageable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Fit for, or capable of, marriage; of an age at which marriage is allowable.