• Merchant Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To be a merchant; to trade.
- (n.) One who keeps a store or shop for the sale of goods; a shopkeeper.
- (n.) One who traffics on a large scale, especially with foreign countries; a trafficker; a trader.
- (n.) A trading vessel; a merchantman.
- (a.) Of, pertaining to, or employed in, trade or merchandise; as, the merchant service.
• Merchantable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Fit for market; such as is usually sold in market, or such as will bring the ordinary price; as, merchantable wheat; sometimes, a technical designation for a particular kind or class.
• Merchantly Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Merchantlike; suitable to the character or business of a merchant.