• Mistress Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A woman well skilled in anything, or having the mastery over it.
- (n.) A title of courtesy formerly prefixed to the name of a woman, married or unmarried, but now superseded by the contracted forms, Mrs., for a married, and Miss, for an unmarried, woman.
- (n.) The old name of the jack at bowls.
- (n.) A woman having power, authority, or ownership; a woman who exercises authority, is chief, etc.; the female head of a family, a school, etc.
- (n.) A woman regarded with love and devotion; she who has command over ones heart; a beloved object; a sweetheart.
- (n.) A married woman; a wife.
- (n.) A woman filling the place, but without the rights, of a wife; a concubine; a loose woman with whom one consorts habitually.
- (v. i.) To wait upon a mistress; to be courting.
• Mistressship Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Ladyship, a style of address; -- with the personal pronoun.
- (n.) Female rule or dominion.