• Moireed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Moire
• Moire Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A watered, clouded, or frosted appearance produced upon either textile fabrics or metallic surfaces.
- (n.) Originally, a fine textile fabric made of the hair of an Asiatic goat; afterwards, any textile fabric to which a watered appearance is given in the process of calendering.
- (n.) A watered, clouded, or frosted appearance on textile fabrics or metallic surfaces.
- (a.) Watered; having a watered or clouded appearance; -- as of silk or metals.
- (n.) Erroneously, moire, the fabric.
- () To give a watered or clouded appearance to (a surface).