• Monument Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A stone or other permanent object, serving to indicate a limit or to mark a boundary.
- (n.) A building, pillar, stone, or the like, erected to preserve the remembrance of a person, event, action, etc.; as, the Washington monument; the Bunker Hill monument. Also, a tomb, with memorial inscriptions.
- (n.) Something which stands, or remains, to keep in remembrance what is past; a memorial.
- (n.) A saying, deed, or example, worthy of record.
• Monumental Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Serving as a monument; memorial; preserving memory.
- (a.) Of, pertaining to, or suitable for, a monument; as, a monumental inscription.
• Monumentally Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) By way of memorial.
- (adv.) By means of monuments.