• Moored Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Moor
• Moor Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of a mixed race inhabiting Morocco, Algeria, Tunis, and Tripoli, chiefly along the coast and in towns.
- (n.) An extensive waste covered with patches of heath, and having a poor, light soil, but sometimes marshy, and abounding in peat; a heath.
- (v. t.) To fix or secure, as a vessel, in a particular place by casting anchor, or by fastening with cables or chains; as, the vessel was moored in the stream; they moored the boat to the wharf.
- (n.) A game preserve consisting of moorland.
- (v. i.) To cast anchor; to become fast.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To secure, or fix firmly.
- (n.) Any individual of the swarthy races of Africa or Asia which have adopted the Mohammedan religion.