• Mosaic Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A surface decoration made by inlaying in patterns small pieces of variously colored glass, stone, or other material; -- called also mosaic work.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the style of work called mosaic; formed by uniting pieces of different colors; variegated; tessellated; also, composed of various materials or ingredients.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to Moses, the leader of the Israelites, or established through his agency; as, the Mosaic law, rites, or institutions.
- (n.) A picture or design made in mosaic; an article decorated in mosaic.
• Mosaically Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In the manner of a mosaic.