• Oracled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Oracle
• Oracle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The sanctuary, or Most Holy place in the temple; also, the temple itself.
- (n.) A wise sentence or decision of great authority.
- (n.) The answer of a god, or some person reputed to be a god, to an inquiry respecting some affair or future event, as the success of an enterprise or battle.
- (n.) One who communicates a divine command; an angel; a prophet.
- (n.) The communications, revelations, or messages delivered by God to the prophets; also, the entire sacred Scriptures -- usually in the plural.
- (n.) Hence: The deity who was supposed to give the answer; also, the place where it was given.
- (n.) Any person reputed uncommonly wise; one whose decisions are regarded as of great authority; as, a literary oracle.
- (v. i.) To utter oracles.