• Pasted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Paste
• Past Definition & Synonyms
- (prep.) Above; exceeding; more than.
- (v.) Of or pertaining to a former time or state; neither present nor future; gone by; elapsed; ended; spent; as, past troubles; past offences.
- (n.) A former time or state; a state of things gone by.
- (prep.) Beyond, in position, or degree; further than; beyond the reach or influence of.
- (adv.) By; beyond; as, he ran past.
- (prep.) Beyond, in time; after; as, past the hour.
• Paste Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A soft composition, as of flour moistened with water or milk, or of earth moistened to the consistence of dough, as in making potters ware.
- (n.) A soft confection made of the inspissated juice of fruit, licorice, or the like, with sugar, etc.
- (v. t.) To unite with paste; to fasten or join by means of paste.
- (n.) Specifically, in cookery, a dough prepared for the crust of pies and the like; pastry dough.
- (n.) The mineral substance in which other minerals are imbedded.
- (n.) A highly refractive vitreous composition, variously colored, used in making imitations of precious stones or gems. See Strass.
- (n.) A kind of cement made of flour and water, starch and water, or the like, -- used for uniting paper or other substances, as in bookbinding, etc., -- also used in calico printing as a vehicle for mordant or color.