• Pirate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To publish, as books or writings, without the permission of the author.
- (v. i.) To play the pirate; to practice robbery on the high seas.
- (n.) One who infringes the law of copyright, or publishes the work of an author without permission.
- (n.) A robber on the high seas; one who by open violence takes the property of another on the high seas; especially, one who makes it his business to cruise for robbery or plunder; a freebooter on the seas; also, one who steals in a harbor.
- (n.) An armed ship or vessel which sails without a legal commission, for the purpose of plundering other vessels on the high seas.
, Sea robber
, Sea rover
• Pirated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Pirate