• Poison Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any agent which, when introduced into the animal organism, is capable of producing a morbid, noxious, or deadly effect upon it; as, morphine is a deadly poison; the poison of pestilential diseases.
- (n.) To injure or kill by poison; to administer poison to.
- (n.) To taint; to corrupt; to vitiate; as, vice poisons happiness; slander poisoned his mind.
- (n.) That which taints or destroys moral purity or health; as, the poison of evil example; the poison of sin.
- (n.) To put poison upon or into; to infect with poison; as, to poison an arrow; to poison food or drink.
- (v. i.) To act as, or convey, a poison.
• Poisonable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Capable of being poisoned.
- (a.) Capable of poisoning; poisonous.
• Poisoner Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who poisons.