• Polemics Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The art or practice of disputation or controversy, especially on religious subjects; that branch of theological science which pertains to the history or conduct of ecclesiastical controversy.
• Polemic Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A polemic argument or controversy.
- (a.) Engaged in, or addicted to, polemics, or to controversy; disputations; as, a polemic writer.
- (n.) One who writes in support of one opinion, doctrine, or system, in opposition to another; one skilled in polemics; a controversialist; a disputant.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to controversy; maintaining, or involving, controversy; controversial; disputative; as, a polemic discourse or essay; polemic theology.