• Praise Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) Commendation for worth; approval expressed; honor rendered because of excellence or worth; laudation; approbation.
- (v.) To commend; to applaud; to express approbation of; to laud; -- applied to a person or his acts.
- (v.) To value; to appraise.
- (v.) Especially, the joyful tribute of gratitude or homage rendered to the Divine Being; the act of glorifying or extolling the Creator; worship, particularly worship by song, distinction from prayer and other acts of worship; as, a service of praise.
- (v.) The object, ground, or reason of praise.
- (v.) To extol in words or song; to magnify; to glorify on account of perfections or excellent works; to do honor to; to display the excellence of; -- applied especially to the Divine Being.
• Praiseworthiness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality or state of being praiseworthy.
• Praise-meeting Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A religious service mainly in song.