• Preponderate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To exceed in weight; hence, to incline or descend, as the scale of a balance; figuratively, to exceed in influence, power, etc.; hence; to incline to one side; as, the affirmative side preponderated.
- (v. t.) To cause to prefer; to incline; to decide.
- (v. t.) To outweigh; to overpower by weight; to exceed in weight; to overbalance.
- (v. t.) To overpower by stronger or moral power.
• Preponderated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Preponderate