• Prizing Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The application of a lever to move any weighty body, as a cask, anchor, cannon, car, etc. See Prize, n., 5.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Prize
• Prize Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To move with a lever; to force up or open; to pry.
- (n.) Anything worth striving for; a valuable possession held or in prospect.
- (n.) Anything captured by a belligerent using the rights of war; esp., property captured at sea in virtue of the rights of war, as a vessel.
- (n.) That which may be won by chance, as in a lottery.
- (n.) That which is taken from another; something captured; a thing seized by force, stratagem, or superior power.
- (n.) Estimation; valuation.
- (n.) An honor or reward striven for in a competitive contest; anything offered to be competed for, or as an inducement to, or reward of, effort.
- (v. t.) To set or estimate the value of; to appraise; to price; to rate.
- (v. t.) To value highly; to estimate to be of great worth; to esteem.
- (n.) A lever; a pry; also, the hold of a lever.
- (n.) A contest for a reward; competition.