• Propel Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To drive forward; to urge or press onward by force; to move, or cause to move; as, the wind or steam propels ships; balls are propelled by gunpowder.
• propeller Definition & Synonyms
- () A propeller screw placed in front of the supporting planes of an aeroplane instead of behind them, so that it exerts a pull instead of a push. Hence, Tractor monoplane, Tractor biplane, etc.
- (n.) One who, or that which, propels.
- (n.) A contrivance for propelling a steam vessel, usually consisting of a screw placed in the stern under water, and made to revolve by an engine; a propeller wheel.
- (n.) A steamboat thus propelled; a screw steamer.
• Propelled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Propel