• Proposed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Propose
• Propose Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Talk; discourse.
- (v. i.) To form or declare a purpose or intention; to lay a scheme; to design; as, man proposes, but God disposes.
- (v. i.) To speak; to converse.
- (v.) To offer for consideration, discussion, acceptance, or adoption; as, to propose terms of peace; to propose a question for discussion; to propose an alliance; to propose a person for office.
- (v. i.) To offer ones self in marriage.
- (v.) To set before ones self or others as a purpose formed; hence, to purpose; to intend.
- (v.) To set forth.