• Protracted Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Prolonged; continued.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Protract
• Protract Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Tedious continuance or delay.
- (v. t.) To put off to a distant time; to delay; to defer; as, to protract a decision or duty.
- (v. t.) To draw to a scale; to lay down the lines and angles of, with scale and protractor; to plot.
- (v. t.) To draw out or lengthen in time or (rarely) in space; to continue; to prolong; as, to protract an argument; to protract a war.
- (v. t.) To extend; to protrude; as, the cat can protract its claws; -- opposed to retract.