• Puddle Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make dense or close, as clay or loam, by working when wet, so as to render impervious to water.
- (v. t.) To make impervious to liquids by means of puddle; to apply puddle to.
- (v. t.) To make foul or muddy; to pollute with dirt; to mix dirt with (water).
- (v. i.) To make a dirty stir.
- (n.) Clay, or a mixture of clay and sand, kneaded or worked, when wet, to render it impervious to water.
- (n.) A small quantity of dirty standing water; a muddy plash; a small pool.
- (v. t.) To subject to the process of puddling, as iron, so as to convert it from the condition of cast iron to that of wrought iron.
• Puddle-ball Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The lump of pasty wrought iron as taken from the puddling furnace to be hammered or rolled.