• Pursed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Purse
• Purse Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) In Persia, the sum of 50 tomans.
- (n.) A sum of money offered as a prize, or collected as a present; as, to win the purse; to make up a purse.
- (n.) A small bag or pouch, the opening of which is made to draw together closely, used to carry money in; by extension, any receptacle for money carried on the person; a wallet; a pocketbook; a portemonnaie.
- (v. t.) To draw up or contract into folds or wrinkles, like the mouth of a purse; to pucker; to knit.
- (n.) In Turkey, the sum of 500 piasters.
- (v. t.) To put into a purse.
- (n.) A specific sum of money
- (v. i.) To steal purses; to rob.
- (n.) Hence, a treasury; finances; as, the public purse.