• Pursue Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To proceed along, with a view to some and or object; to follow; to go in; as, Captain Cook pursued a new route; the administration pursued a wise course.
- (v. i.) To go on; to proceed, especially in argument or discourse; to continue.
- (v. t.) To follow with a view to overtake; to follow eagerly, or with haste; to chase; as, to pursue a hare.
- (v. t.) To seek; to use or adopt measures to obtain; as, to pursue a remedy at law.
- (v. t.) To follow with enmity; to persecute; to call to account.
- (v. t.) To prosecute; to be engaged in; to continue.
- (v. i.) To go in pursuit; to follow.
- (v. t.) To follow as an example; to imitate.
- (v. i.) To follow a matter judicially, as a complaining party; to act as a prosecutor.
• Pursuer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who pursues or chases; one who follows in haste, with a view to overtake.
- (n.) A plaintiff; a prosecutor.