• Purvey Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To furnish or provide, as with a convenience, provisions, or the like.
- (v. t.) To procure; to get.
- (v. i.) To purchase provisions; to provide; to make provision.
- (v. i.) To pander; -- with to.
• Purveyance Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which is provided; provisions; food.
- (n.) The act or process of providing or procuring; providence; foresight; preparation; management.
- (n.) A providing necessaries for the sovereign by buying them at an appraised value in preference to all others, and oven without the owners consent. This was formerly a royal prerogative, but has long been abolished.
• Purveyed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Purvey