• Quaker Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The sooty albatross.
- (n.) One who quakes.
- (n.) The nankeen bird.
- (n.) Any grasshopper or locust of the genus (Edipoda; -- so called from the quaking noise made during flight.
- (n.) One of a religious sect founded by George Fox, of Leicestershire, England, about 1650, -- the members of which call themselves Friends. They were called Quakers, originally, in derision. See Friend, n., 4.
• Quakerish Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Like or pertaining to a Quaker; Quakerlike.